Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Push

This just gets better and better. Today Barry called me so that I could look up airfares to Phoenix for him. He wants to meet me there, maybe even go up to Sedona. Of course, this is at least the second time he's invited himself on my vacation with my best friend . . . and it's the second time I remember telling him that I'm going to Phoenix to see HER. I don't understand this attempt at horning in on my plans. So now he's all butt-hurt, and he's going to see if he can just take this load all the way to California. That way he'll pass right through Phoenix. How unbelievably convenient!

I honestly don't get it. What's he afraid of? Is he afraid I might have some fun without him? Is he afraid LeeAnne will get me so drunk I pass out so she can tattoo my forehead? :D I wonder--doesn't he think if I wanted him along on my vacation I would've invited him over a month ago when I made the reservations?

This is an interesting attempt to impose his will on me. If I won't find him airfare, he'll just show up in Phoenix with his truck and then I'll HAVE to see him. I don't like that shit. Of course, I think it's a way for him to be sure I won't contact Sandy while I'm there. Now, I could be blowing that situation out of proportion, but his behavior sure makes me wonder. Any other time he's dying to get "home" to El Paso and hang out with all his buddies, but now he'd rather be implanted firmly in my ass. What's up with that?

No comments: